The main goal of the local workshops was to teach young people a basic knowledge of gender equality, equal treatment, rights, and active participation. The workshops were designed to raise awareness among young people about gender inequality, stereotypes, and prejudices in everyday social contexts.
The objectives of the workshops include:
- Promoting awareness: The workshops aim to create an understanding of deep-rooted gender inequality and the stereotypes and prejudices that contribute to it.
- Reducing inequality: The workshops seek to develop tools and strategies which could be used to address and reduce gender inequality.
- Discussing gender roles and stereotypes: The workshops provide a platform for open discussions on gender roles and stereotypes, which are crucial for finding constructive solutions.
- Providing knowledge and skills: The workshops aim to equip participants with constructive knowledge and skills related to gender equality and equal treatment, particularly within the education system. This early intervention helps challenge and counteract prejudices and stereotypes.
Each partner in the programme has conducted three local workshops (min 60 participants per country). The workshops were tailored to the participant's specific needs and safety considerations, ensuring a sensitive and inclusive environment for discussion. While the workshops may not strictly follow a proposed agenda or use predefined methods and tools, they provided a basic overview of the themes and were designed to meet the target group's specific needs.
An example of agenda workshop
11.00 – 11.10 Introduction and welcome words
11.10 – 11.30 Gender equality situation in my counrtry
11.30 – 11.50 Reducing gender inequality and the role of young people in it
11.50 – 12.00 Questions and discussion
12.00 – 12.40 Presentations of best practices
12.40 – 13.00 Discussions in working groups: Gender equality in society
13.00 – 13.40 Light lunch
13.40 – 14.40 Discussions in working groups/case analysis:
– Gender equality in the family
– Equal treatment at work and in education (wage gap)
– Gender equality in politics and society
14:40 – 15:00 Presentation of the results of working groups
15:00 – 15:30 Educational film, participants' feedback and summary.